Wednesday, November 28, 2012

SCS Variety Challenge 178 - Seasonal Songs

Time for another scrapbooking variety challenge for Splitcoast Stampers! I'll be posting one every other Wednesday and you can play along on the SCS site using the link below.

SBVC178 - Seasonal Songs
I can't wait until December 1st when I can officially put my Christmas music CDs in the car and start singing along with some of my favorite songs! The challenge this week is to use the lyrics of a seasonal song on your layout. It doesn't have to be a Christmas song, just any song that you associate with a season of the year. For example, Peter Cottontail for Easter pictures, or maybe Summertime (from Porgy and Bess) for those sunny day memories, or even a hymn of gratitude for Thanksgiving photos.

For my layout, I chose lyrics from the Christmas production at which these photos were taken. My title is the title of the opening song, and then I used the lyrics from the first verse for my journaling.

Recipe:
Spot On Backgrounds stamp set
Jingle Level 2 papers
Tulip, Juniper, Creme Brulee, Olive, Blush & Black cardstock
Tulip, Juniper & Creme Brulee ink
Olive & Cranberry markers
DE Framed Fun photo corner
Clear craft buttons
White Daisy organdy ribbon
White Daisy brads
Liquid Glass
Prisma Glitter
Pattern: Let's Scrap 2-21-12
Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge: banner & title
Cricut Artiste Cartridge: poinsettias

No comments: