Friday, May 3, 2013

Rainy Day Revel Layout

I'm embarrassed to say that I printed out these pictures in 2008, picked out papers and purchased ghost letters to use on the layout, and then put the whole project away in a page protector and never got back to it. I think the bold colors of the Basic Grey papers overwhelmed me a bit, and I wasn't quite sure what to  do with the ghost letters. I found the package today and determined I would finally scrap it. A Let's Scrap sketch gave me a place to start, and then I chose a title and a fun quote to use so I could participate in the quotes challenge from Southern Girls. Painting the letters made them stand out, and I topped it off with a die-cut sun and some clouds.
Recipe:
My Sunshine stamp set
Color Me Silly papers (Basic Grey)
Colonial White cardstock
Honey, Cocoa & Whisper ink
Cocoa & Silver Metallics markers
Ghost letters (Heidi Swapp)
White paint(Delta Ceramcoat)
Cricut Artiste cartridge: sun, clouds
Pattern: Let's Scrap 10-27-10

2 comments:

Chanel's Owner aka Michelle said...

I love the clouds and sun! Great LO!

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous job on your layout Cheryl, wonderful fun photos!

So glad that you joined us at Southern Girls Challenges!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska
http://www.akstamping.blogspot.com