Thursday, January 3, 2019

4 Precious Gifts Layout

Christmas Eve 2014! The title of this layout is extra special because it has a double meaning. First, each of the kids received a gift that they could use that night, with Adrian and Elliot receiving pajamas (Grandma made Adrian's) and Brianna and Oliver receiving I Spy quilts that Grandma made for their beds, a cherished tradition ever since we first brought Adrian home with an I Spy quilt made by friends of his birth family. That's the first precious gift, but the true gift is the four children gathered around the tree. In retrospect, this was a tough time of integrating two younger sibling into a pre-existing family, but there were also so many sweet moments for which I am truly thankful!
FYI: I was moving papers around on my desk and noticed the little mouse (rat?) die-cut left over from Halloween scrapping. He reminded me of the "Night Before Christmas" line about "not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse," so I added him for fun.

Recipe:
Sparkle & Shine papers and chipboard
Ruby, Juniper & White Daisy cardstock
Ruby, Juniper & Slate ink
Steel Gray marker (Zig)
Ruby baker's twine
Sparkles Holiday Shapes
Chipboard 4 (from my stash)
Cricut Noah's ABC Animals cartridge: title
Pattern: Scraplift of Lela's Jurassic World layout
Challenges: Scrap With Stacy photo inspiration (I was inspired to add sparkly "strings" to my chipboard circles, which then inspired me to add sparkles everywhere!)

2 comments:

The Watson's said...

I love this layout! I love the story behind it. So sweet! Thanks for playing along with my Scrappy Friends challenge!

Casandra Bennett said...

Ditto what the previous comment stated. And I loved the creative use of the little mouse. :)