Wednesday, January 2, 2019

EMS Sketch Challenge 71 - Christmas Eve Party Layout

Time for the first sketch of 2019. I haven't been very consistent about posting these in the past, but I'm giving it another try, so wish me luck! You'll notice this sketch doesn't have any measurements on it. That's because it's composed mainly of scrap pieces. My intent is to encourage you to dig into your stash and throw together a bunch of paper scraps that complement your photos. The scraps don't have to be the same sizes as the ones I used; I've suggested an arrangement of scraps, but figure out what works for you and go for it! And don't forget to link up your completed layout at the bottom of this post.

The sketch:

My layout:

And here is the front and back of the tag with my hidden journaling:
Recipe:
Jingle Borders & Share the Magic stamp sets
Believe papers
Kraft, Holiday Red, Sky & White Daisy cardstock
Desert Sand & Tuxedo Black
Pure Brown marker (Zig)
Prismacolor Watercolor pencils
White Daisy brad
Red ribbon (repurposed from a gift)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag
Cricut Artiste & Artbooking cartridges: snowflakes
Challenges: The Paper Girls Santa and his elves (a new challenge blog for me but it fit perfectly for these photos!); Double Trouble challenge #18 - for Thing 1's challenge, I used circles & snowflakes for my shapes & for Thing 2's challenge, I played along with the Paper Girls' Santa challenge. (Would have loved to get all three challenge categories in with this layout but couldn't figure out how to incorporate birds without it seeming really random!)

4 comments:

Lori said...

I love your sketch and your layout! You have used one of my all time favorite paper collections from Close To My Heart! I still have a few scraps from it, but not many! Can't wait to give this sketch a try.

jeanchaneyaz said...

Nice layout, and I especially like the tag idea!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great interpretation with the sketch and so bright and cheery and great variety of design papers around your Christmas photos and love the idea of the hidden tag for journaling. Again, beautifully done scrapbook page of memories. Thanks for sharing again with us at Double Trouble.

Unknown said...

I'm so very grateful you're still active and doing sketches! I found you just recently amongst a sea of scrapper blogs that are no longer active. :(
Please don't ever stop sharing your lovely work! I'm addicted to your sketches with dimensions!!!!