Tuesday, February 19, 2019

The Magic of Butterflies Layout

One of our favorite places to visit as a family is the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles, and it's extra special to go there in the late spring and summer when the Butterfly Pavilion is open. I've scrapbooked photos of the butterflies several times, but can never get enough of these magical creatures! For my layout, I started with the cool February sketch from Let's Scrap (see below), and then Scrap With Stacy's photo challenge inspired me to change the rainbow and stars to a garland of flowers with butterflies. I also journaling (with a white gel pen on the black background) about the magic of seeing a caterpillar turn into a butterfly.
And here are a few more pictures of those magical creatures (I will be inserting these into a page protector):






Recipe:
Hooray Bouquet & Spot On Backgrounds stamp sets
Dotty for You papers
Black, Smoothie, Sunset, Buttercup, Sweet Leaf, Cotton Candy, Glacier, Bamboo, Autumn Terracotta, Lagoon, Sky, White Daisy & Colonial White cardstock
Green vellum (Hot Off the Press)
Sunset, Sky, Creme Brulee & Cranberry ink
Black marker
White gel marker (Sakura)
Smoothie grosgrain ribbon
Seagull decorative edged scissors (Fiskars)
Decorative brads (from my stash)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: flowers, branch, small butterflies, scalloped frame
Cricut Artisry cartridge: large butterfly
Small flower punch (Emagination)
Pattern: Let's Scrap 2-1-19
Challenges: Double Trouble #22 - Thing 1's Tic-Tac-Toe board (I chose die/punch + vellum + ribbon) & Thing 3's Show us a little magic (butterflies are pretty magical!); Use Your Stuff #348 Do You Believe in Magic? (butterflies again)

8 comments:

papercraftingprincess said...

Very nice layout...love your interpretation of the sketch. I love visiting our zoo in the spring to see the butterflies...fond memories of my grandson borrowing my camera and taking pictures of every butterfly he found. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

life documented said...

Love it Cheryl! Great way to capture so many pictures on one layout...this was a favourite paper pack of mine too...well done!

Melanie R said...

This is a great way to preserve memories and you have done it beautifully. Perfect sketch interpretation! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble.

scrapbookgirl2 said...

This is gorgeous. I love how you used the old Dotty for You papers. They are one of my favorite papers. The cricut flowers work perfectly with your layout too!

scrapqueen141 said...

Your layout is beautiful! I love how you did that flower cluster! I love your take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Let's Scrap! Blessings, Jamie DT

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Cheryl, your always have such lovely layouts and great interpretations of them. I'm a collector of butterflies and there is such beauty and magic in them. Thanks again for sharing your pages with us at Double Trouble and Use Your Stuff.

CathQuillScrap said...

Stunning page... I love butterflies too... definitely worth scrapping over and over. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Scrap.

Stacy H-W said...

wow! Just a fantastic layout! I love all those gorgeous photos!! Thanks for playing along with Scrappy Friends this month!!