Saturday, February 2, 2019

Wolf Layout

I really wanted to scrapbook this picture of a wolf that my husband photographed at the Living Desert Zoo and Gardens, primarily because this was the thing he remembered most vividly when talking about his trip there with our boys. However, creating the layout was sort of like seeing a car accident on the freeway: a little bit horrifying yet I couldn't look away! I must have pulled things off a dozen times, discarded my original papers, chose new ones, went with a different idea for the paw prints, etc. before I finally called it a day. It took me almost two weeks of walking away and coming back to get it done, but I'm glad the memory will finally be able to go in our family scrapbook. Anyone ever had a scrapping experience like that? Here's hoping my next layout will come more easily!
Recipe:
Stripe paper (from my stash)
Cocoa, Slate, Whisper & Cashmere cardstock
Whisper ink
Pure Brown marker (Zig)
Silver metallic marker
Epoxy Bubbles - green
Bark washi tape
Natural Papier Alphabet stickers (Mrs. Grossman's)
Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder
Wolf print - purchased through Cricut Design Space
Pattern: Splitcoast Stampers January 2019 Sketch

2 comments:

moknowsall said...

Great layout. Love the paw prints. I get that block all the time. Sometimes I don’t like the final layout but I just move on.

donna said...

Great layout. I have to tell my self "It doesn't have to be perfect. It just need to be finished".