Friday, March 22, 2019

1 Fully Amazing Day Layout

For this layout featuring pictures of my sons and their cousin at the pool, I pulled inspiration from several challenges (see below). Since I had just purchased some new Vicky Boutin papers and accessories, I really wanted to use them, but it took me forever to actually cut into the papers. I guess I have a fear of messing up or using that paper that will be perfect for a layout three years in the future - LOL! At any rate, the layout is now finished, and I now have scraps to enjoy on another project.
Recipe:
Distressed Backgrounds stamp set
Color Kaleidoscope papers (Vicky Boutin for American Crafts)
Honey, Kraft, Lagoon, Desert Sand & Sky cardstock
Desert Sand & Lagoon ink
Clover Meadow marker
Later Sk8r PML cards
Red & Teal shimmer trim
Honey Triangles washi tape
Ruby glitter buttons
Color Kaleidoscope Thickers, stickers & puffy stickers (Vicky Boutin for American Crafts)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: scalloped border
Cricut Artistry cartridge: whale
Pattern: Let's Scrap 3-15-19 (subbed hearts for hexagons)
Challenges: The Studio Challenges fussy cutting (not something I do well, but I cut hearts from the heart paper to scatter around my layout); Lasting Memories photo inspiration (inspired by the bright colors so I tried to include as many as I could)


11 comments:

Deanna said...

Great work with the sketch and the LM inspiration! Love all the hearts! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

Deb said...

Fabulous double page layout. I certainly can relate to not wanting to cut into all the gorgeous patterned papers. Thanks so much for joining in our fussy cutting challenge at The Studio. Deb xx

Diana Poirier said...

Your layout is beautiful! Great work on the fussy cutting. So glad you joined in the fun over at The Studio Challenges!

denise said...

Great Job with all the challenges! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories and The Studio Challenges!

Lisa-Marie | Scrap Paper Scissors said...

You've done such a great job with this one! I do love those hearts and that whale is too cute!
Thanks for playing along with us at The Studio Challenges!

Lauren said...

Beautiful layout! I love your take on the inspiration photo! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!
Lauren

Michelle Mattie said...

Great take on the challenge. Love the colours you used. Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges.

CathQuillScrap said...

What a gorgeous page. Well done on using your new papers and cutting them soooooo quickly. Enjoy the scraps. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Scrap Sketches.

Lacy Nicole said...

I like your take on the sketch. So colorful and fun. Thank you for playing along. Nicole

scrapqueen141 said...

Love your take on the sketch. I like how you used the hearts! Thank you so much for joining us at Let's Scrap! Blessings, Jamie DT

Astrid Zwaan said...

Great double page with a lot of memories. Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges!