Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Pieces of Pompeii Layout

It's been several weeks since I completed my first layout documenting our visit to the Pompeii exhibit at the Natural History Museum, but I finally got around to scrapping the rest of the photos. This double page spread focuses on photos of artifacts retrieved from the site, only a few of which I could fit on my layout, while a few more are in photo storage pages. The journaling reads: Buried under 14-17 feet of ash and pumice, Pompeii's existence was forgotten for centuries, making it a relatively undisturbed time capsule of Roman life during the 1st century A.D.
Recipe:
Vintage Type stamp set
Pemberly papers
Autumn Terracotta, Chocolate, Desert Sand, Indian Corn Blue & Colonial White cardstock
Chocolate, Desert Sand, Outdoor Denim & Indian Corn Blue ink
Autumn Terracotta grosgrain ribbon
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: temple, chalice
Challenges: Lasting Memories #437 (I added lots of circles to my title and even made a circle of my title words to balance out all the rectangles on my layout).

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Nice work documenting this!! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

Lauren said...

Beautiful layout! I love your take on the inspiration photo! I love that you were able to get so many photos onto your layout! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!
Lauren