Monday, June 7, 2010

EMS Sketch Challenge 10 - So Fun Layout

It's back! I took a break from doing sketch challenges for several weeks, but here's a new one for you to enjoy. If you're in a hurry to get a layout done, this sketch is perfect since it uses uncropped 4x6 prints. Here are 3 fun things to point out about my layout:
1. I was able to use some Zippidee Level 1 pages as my layout bases. I don't order these as much as I should, considering how versatile they are. You can either place your photos within the neutral sections of the pages, or get creative and let your photos spill out all over! I did the latter, and I'm happy with the results.
2. I wanted to make Mickey Mouse ears using buttons, but I didn't have any black ones, so I used Liquid Glass to adhere black cardstock to the back of clear buttons, and then cut out the buttons when they were dry.
3. I love the look of the Irresistibles Lots of Dots alphabet stickers (seen here sponged with Cranberry and Indian Corn Blue ink to make the dots appear), so I wanted to mimic it on other areas of my layouts. I stamped dots onto a piece of Colonial White cardstock and embossed them using white embossing powder. Then I stamped over them using the back side of an arrow and a heart stamp, which left me a dotted image. Fun and easy!
The sketch
My Layout

Recipe:
Thoughtful Seasons, Ticket to Ride & Spot On Backgrounds stamp sets
Zippidee Level 1 papers
Indian Corn Blue, Honey, Black & Colonial White cardstock
Cranberry, Indian Corn Blue, Black & Versamark ink
Black marker
Irresistibles Lots of Dots alphabet stickers
Clear buttons
Liquid Glass
White embossing powder

5 comments:

Lori said...

Love this sketch with the level 1 papers. All your layouts are awesome.

The Closet Crafter said...

Awesome layout for a quick scrapping project! Love how you made your own Irresistibles!

Mary said...

Great layout! Looks like you captured the fun everyone was having! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Jenn Embry said...

Great layout! Isn't it just wonderful to get so many pics to a page? Great job on the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Love this, Cheryl! It's awesome, just like all your other layouts! Thanks so much for joining H2H this week. Hope to see you again soon!