Wednesday, February 26, 2014

SCS Variety Challenge 201 - Supersize Me

Time for another variety challenge for Splitcoast Stampers, and this one may throw you off balance a little! Play along using the link below.

SBVC201 - Daring Diagonals
I’ve gotta confess, most of my scrapbooking marches straight across the page, but I love the look of those tilted pages. For this week’s variety challenge, create a page in which your photo and papers follow a diagonal rather than a horizontal line!

For my layout, I didn't have any patterned papers that quite fit the look I wanted, so I created my own using cardstock and stamps. The french fry box was cut on my Cricut, and it's normally 3-d, but I cut down the sides so it would lay flatter in my album. The journaling is all about the biggest McDonald's my family had ever visited, but we still got to eat our favorite foods!
Recipe:
Alphabet Solos "L" & "M" stamp sets
Bamboo, Cranberry, Honey, Desert Sand & White Daisy cardstock
Cranberry, Honey, Black & Desert Sand ink
Black marker
Yellow grosgrain ribbon (Offray)
3-D foam tape
Cricut Artiste catridge: french fry box
Cricut Artiste cartrdige: title
Cuttlebug embossing folder: Swiss Dot
Pattern: On With the Show from Magic
Challenges: Lasting Memories Food & Beverage Guilty Pleasures; Heart 2 Heart Hearts Galore

3 comments:

Haven_mom4 said...

wow that is supersized. Thanks for joining us again at lasting memories

K Clark said...

Wow that is the biggest! When my daughter and I traveled through Europe she had to stop at mc Donald's in each country. Lol. Great lo. Thanks for joining Us at lasting memories hope you join us again this week - Kimberly DT

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love your LO and those fries are awesome!
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories