Monday, February 6, 2017

U Have My Heart Layout

I have been feeling frustrated by a set of three random photos that I kept pulling out and putting away because I couldn't figure out how to scrap them, so today I decided to create my own challenge and see where it took me. Since it's February, I'm doing a word play challenge by adding an element to the layout for every letter in the word February. Here's my list of what I finally added:
   F – Flight of the Arrows stamp set
   E – Embroidery floss, EMS Sketch 13
   B – Brothers Chevron patterned paper, Boy's Pocket die-cut
   R – Ribbon
   U = "U" chipboard
   A – Arrows
   R – Ric-rac
   Y – Yellow enamel dots
It ended up being fun as I pulled together papers and embellishments from at least five different manufacturers, and I love how it all ended up melding together without being too matchy! If you enjoy this challenge, feel free to play along and leave a link below to your completed layout.
Recipe:
Flight of the Arrows stamp set
Brothers Patterned paper (Echo Park)
Cashmere, Chocolate & Sky cardstock
Cashmere, Twilight & Buttercup ink
DE Monograms chipboard "U" 
DE Arrow chipboard
Sunset grosgrain ribbon
Yellow ric-rac (Jo-Ann's Craft Essentials)
White Daisy embroidery floss
Yellow enamel dots (American Crafts)
2nd Avenue Boy's Pocket & Star die-cuts (MME)
Let's Go Tidbits (Chic Tags)
Cricut Artiste cartridge: title, heart
Challenges: Lasting Memories Hearts and/or arrows (I used both!); Use Your Stuff hearts challenge

6 comments:

Lori said...

This layout is awesome! I love every single thing about it! What a fun challenge you created. Hope I can find some time to play along with it! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful layout with us at Lasting Memories!- Lori DT

missgailly said...

Fantastic! What a great challenge too. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Anonymous said...

Firstly, I LOVE the challenge that you created for yourself! Way to get the mojo flowing! Your layout turned out fabulous with all the goodies that you pulled! Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator

Natalie Dill said...

Yes! Great idea for tackling a difficult page! Way to work through it instead of letting them go un-scrapped! Great page - thanks for playing at Lasting Memories!

Haven_mom4 said...

I wish I had time this month to try your challenge. So nice how it all came tighter. Thanks for sharing with us at lasting memories

Lauren said...

This is super cute! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!