Thursday, July 21, 2022

Cave Quest Preschool Pod Layout

I've been on a scrapping hiatus for the last five weeks as I begin preparing for a new adventure: homeschooling my freshman and senior kiddos. Although I swore I would never do homeschooling, circumstances came together to make it the best choice for my kids this year, so scrapping had to take a backseat as I chose curriculum and figured out a schedule and other logistics for the upcoming school year. I'm not 100% prepared, but close enough that I decided to take a teacher enrichment day and get back to some scrapping!

I only have two layouts left to scrap for my VBS 2016 photos, so here's the one with the little cuties from the preschool group, plus my hubby as one of the crew helpers. Using a spray pen and some re-inker, I colored a piece of white cardstock blue and then cut out the title and some hearts from the resulting piece. I wanted to do a little misting on the blue patterned paper, but I'm not very good at it, so it came out a lot blotchier than planned. Guess it's good I was teaching the messy preschool crafts at VBS, so I had practice cleaning up!

Recipe:
May - June 2022 Mix-In papers
Kraft, Lemonade & White Daisy cardstock
Capri, Sunny Yellow & Pacifica ink
Sienna Fineliner pen (iBayam)
Smarty Pants stickers
Chocolate baker's twine
DE Snapshots chipboard
Chocolate brads
3-D foam tape
Heart punch (EK Success)
Cricut Artiste cartridge: title
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 40

Challenges: Lasting Memories #607 Opposites Attract - New and Old (the chipboard and baker's twine are old and the patterned paper and stickers are new, plus I used a mix of old and new ink); Scrap Our Stash Bingo (I chose the vertical column with sticker + twine + color blue + kraft + mist/ink)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Great memories! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

missgailly said...

Fun school layout and a great sketch to use lots of photos. Thanks for playing along at SCRAP OUR STASH - DT Gail

Angela said...

Great double page layout. Thanks for playing along with us at SOS!