Friday, September 22, 2023

Recover{y} Layout

Lasting Memories posted a challenge on September 3rd asking us to use a weaving technique, and I started a layout for it two weeks ago, but was not feeling inspired at all until last night. Today I have slowly been working at getting my layout finished and posted, so here it is!

Recipe:
May-June 2022 & October-December 2022 Mix-In papers
Black, Candy Apple, Scarlet, Sage & White Daisy cardstock
Candy Apple ink
White gel pen (Sakura)
Heartfelt Whimsy felt shapes
Red & white pearls
Red baker's twine and hearts (source unknown)
Black check ribbon (recycled off of a gift)
Cricut Artisty cartridge: title, circles border
Pattern: Posted on Scrapbook.com but possibly originally from Let's Scrap

Challenges: Let's Craft and Create #199 Paper Strips instead of ribbon (not sure this is what they had in mind, but I used lots of paper strips in my weaving!)

2 comments:

nikki said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I am about to start a big project here soon and I'm going to focus in on your sketches. This one is definitely going in the book!!

My Crafting corner said...

A lovely layout Cheryl and a great way to do some weaving without using ribbon.
Thank you for joining our challenge at
Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT