Sunday, January 7, 2024

Let's Do This Layout for Lasting Memories #683

Good morning and welcome to another challenge from Lasting Memories. Design Team member Lori picked out a bunch of sketches for us to use, and I must admit I was a little nervous about using this one. Tiny photos aren't really my style, so I decided to change it up by using two larger photos, which meant the central portion of  my layout ended up not being tall and skinny. I like how it came out, though, and I always enjoy seeing the various ways people interpret the same sketch. Can't wait to see what you do with it! Please join us over at Lasting Memories before February 3rd to share your take on any of our sketches for this month. 

Here's today's sketch with a twist of  4 different pieces of patterned paper (I used 6):

And here's my layout:

Recipe:
Blue Ribbon, My Game & Take Note stamp sets
Splendor & Wood Grain papers
Goldrush, Mocha, Creme Brulee, Colonial White & White Daisy cardstock
Goldrush, Moonstruck, Topiary, Toffee, Mocha & Whisper ink
Goldrush & Moonstruck markers
Warm Grey ShinHan Touch Twin marker
Paper flowers (Recollections)
Goldrush Bigger Brads
Just Blooms Floret paper leaves
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: sun, fence
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: ticket, tab, scalloped border
Cricut Artiste cartridge: cloud, notebook paper
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: heart geotag
Challenges: Cut It Up Challenges #294 Anything Goes with a die-cut (I used 8!); Let's Craft & Create #203 A Penny for Your Thoughts i.e use a sentiment (used Let's Do This as my title).

5 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

I love your layout and that Splendor paper is gorgeous, who makes it?? I really love it and I also love how you used bigger photos, I actually don't like smaller photos either!

Cheryl Even said...

Lori, Splendor is a super old Close to My Heart paper pack. I only have a few sheets left but thought it was just right for this layout. Glad you like it!

Tone K. said...

Great page! :) love the colorcombo and the patterned paper you have used :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Let`s Craft and Create :)

Larelyn said...

Wonderful layout. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "Anything Goes" challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

My Crafting corner said...

A lovely layout Cheryl and pretty papers. Thank you for joining our challenge at
Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT