Saturday, September 17, 2011

Elemental Card Class

I was recently asked to created a card workshop using the papers from the Elemental paper pack. Although I was initially hesitant because this was not one of my favorite packs, I started working with it and ended up enjoying the creative process. I love the cards I dreamed up. My CMTH upline loaned me her Cricut machine so I could try out the new Art Philosophy cartridge from CTMH, and I couldn't stop cutting! Every card features one or more (in some cases several) die-cuts from the cartridge. Here are my cards, which also meet the weekly challenge from the Heart2Heart challenge blog: show off artwork featuring die-cuts.

The whole set:

A detail from my favorite card.I cut out a dragonfly in a frame first, then an empty frame. Using the empty frame, we masked the frame part of the frame/dragonfly combo and sponged the dragonfly's wings with Sorbet ink. We then sponged a second dragonfly of the same size, and colored the body black using a marker. We glued the second dragonfly over the first, leaving the wings free, and applied Liquid Glass to the body to make it shiny. Love that look!


For this one, we masked the bottom of the cupcake and stamped the frosting portion first, and then adhered the cupcake liner to the image.We then sponged Pacifica ink onto the frosting, and added Liquid Glass to the swirls. We also dry embossed a line around the Cranberry rectangle, flipped it over, and sanded the cardstock to reveal the white core along the embossed line.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Cheryl, your cards turned out excellant...Sounds like you had a blast, too!

Haley D. said...

Your cards are wonderful! I can't choose a favorite. Elemental is growing on me too. It is very versatile, as you've shown here. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at H2H Challenges!

Unknown said...

Great assortment of cards! I love how you accented the dragonflies!

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards... i love the techniques you used...