Friday, March 11, 2016

Forever Friends Layout

Life has been very stressful lately, and I have been sick for four weeks with a flu bug, so I haven't felt much like scrapping. After a two month scrapbooking hiatus, I finally sat down and created a layout today. Woohoo! It feels good to have some mojo back. Hopefully it will continue through this weekend when I go on a scrapbook retreat. Anyway, here's the layout I created as part of the scrapbook I'm putting together for our former pastor's wife. FYI: I used some lyrics from Michael W. Smith's song Friends as my journaling. The song was written in 1983, but the words are still powerful today!
Recipe:
Dream Pop Level 2 papers
Creme Brulee & White Daisy cardstock
Black marker
Craft buttons
Lagoon ribbon
Flamingo Dot
EK Success heart punch
Cricut Artbooking: title
Cricut Art Philosophy: large hearts
Pattern: EMS Sketch 29
Challenges: Clear It Out (use patterned paper over a year old); Heart 2 Heart retirement challenge (I used the retired Dream Pop papers, lots of craft buttons, and some Lagoon ribbon that came in a kit); Use Your Stuff trim challenge ( I used ribbon)

8 comments:

Majo said...

I love everything on your layout, beautiful! I hope you will join us again soon at USE YOUR STUFF ♥

Majo – DT

missgailly said...

So happy that you are now well enough to start scrappin' again. And with such a great layout! Thank you for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Lori said...

I am so sorry that you haven't been feeling well, and I hope you get better soon! I miss seeing your beautiful work! This is a great layout and I love that song! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff!

Khristina Sorge said...

I love the way you coordinated elements on both pages to make the eye travel throughout the entire two-page spread. Thanks so much for playing along with the ribbon, twine, and lace challenge at Use Your Stuff. I hope to see more work from you in upcoming challenges!!

Khristina UYS DT

Anonymous said...

Glad you got your MOJO back and your layout is fabulous! Lots of wonderful pictures and a fabulous quote for journalling. Thanks for playing with us at USE YOUR STUFF and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator

Laurie Levorson said...

Your layout is so bright and cheery! What a great idea to use song lyrics for your journaling. Thank you so much for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Lauren said...

What a beautiful bright layout, and those photos are so special! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H.

Brandi said...

I Love your layout, I love seeing layouts in the challenges! I love Dream Pop, I still have it, I think I may be hoarding it a bit! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

Brandi R
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca