Sunday, January 17, 2021

The Mummy Cases Layout

I have long been a fan of Elizabeth Peter's novels about Amelia Peabody and her husband Emerson, intrepid Egyptologists and solvers of mysteries, so I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this week's Lasting Memories "Best Seller" challenge: create an Egypt themed layout based on the title of one of her books! There were several I could have chosen from for these photos, but "The Mummy Case" was an obvious winner. I even used the cover of the book as inspiration for some of the design features on my layout.


And here's the cover. If you haven't read any of this book series, do it now! Amazing fun.


I was really tempted to add a cat die-cut, but I thought it would detract from the theme of the layout so I resisted. Speaking of cats, did you know the Egyptians sometimes mummified cats? We saw a couple of them at the museum.

Recipe:
Color Kaleidoscope papers (American Crafts)
Kraft, Autumn Terracotta, Champagne & Black cardstock
Black, Sky & Cashmere ink
Black marker
Let's Wander Thickers (American Crafts)
Color Kaleidoscope cardstock stickers (American Crafts)
Black striped grosgrain ribbon
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: title
Cricut Artistry cartridge: pyramids
Pattern: Sketches in Thyme #451


Challenges: Tic Tac Toe Challenges #96 (I chose the bottom row with ribbon, die-cut, kraft)

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Great take on the sketch and love the torn papers! Thanks so much for your entry at Sketches in Thyme! :)

LeAnne said...

What a great page...very interesting too! I have never heard of that author, but I am always on the lookout for good books to read! Thanks for playing with our Tic Tac Toe challenge this week! ♥

Tammy Folk said...

What a great take on the sketch Cheryl! Perfect papers & sketch for your photos too! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!