Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Thor's Thoughts Layout

I host a Daily Inspiration Challenge over on Scrapbook.com, and I try to think up fun way to use our crafting supplies by being inspired by seasonal and sometimes bizarre holidays. This month, I was inspired by several challenges as I created this layout about my cat Thor:

• January 2 is Run It Up the Flagpole and See If Anyone Salutes Day, a day to get creative with new concepts and ideas, so I finally pulled out the pen that came with my Cricut and experimented with writing my journaling using the Cricut. Only took me a year to use this pen - LOL!

• January 6 is Cuddle Up Day, so I added journaling about my cat cuddling up to Cinderella.

• January 19 is Tin Can Day, and since the tin can was invented in the early 1800 but can openers didn't come along until 1858, I challenged everyone to use a tool they wish had been around when they started crafting. My tool was my Cricut, which I used to cut out the speech bubbles.

• January 22 is National Answer Your Cat's Questions Day, so I added the speech bubbles as if my cat was talking/thinking about life.

The Daily Inspiration Challenge is open all month, so come on over to Scrapbook.com to check it out and play along!

Recipe:
Blue Skies papers & stickers
Canary cardstock
Canary, Green Apple, Candy Apple, Lagoon & Sapphire ink
ShinHan Touch Twin marker
Black marker (Cricut)
Stargazer & Seas the Day enamel dots
Ric-rac (JoAnn's Craft Essentials & Wrights)
Cricut Design Space: speech bubbles and journaling
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap #216 (reversed to work with my background paper)


Challenges: 2 Crafty Critter Crazies anything goes with a critter (my cat); Heart 2 Heart Out With the Old, In With the New (I used the Blue Skies papers and stickers that I got for Christmas, plus a new technique using my Cricut).

11 comments:

StacyLee said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! I really like how you switched up the side border to work with your background paper! The quote bubbles are really fun on this, too. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Deanna said...

Sweet photos and great work with the sketch, Cheryl! Love the floral paper! Thanks so much for your entry at Sketch N Scrap! :)

Lisa said...

What a fun layout! I love your cute pictures and those fun speech bubbles!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Sura said...

What a cute layout! Love cats! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!
Surama

Tammy Folk said...

Super cute Layout!! I love your take on the sketch an how you made it your own! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap this month.

Melissa Robinson said...

LOL I love the theme of this and the layout is perfect to highlight these photos! Thanks for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

Design Team Member

Cat Nowak said...

What a fun layout! I love that you added the speech bubbles! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Brandi said...

I love this, it is one of my favourite papers and I will admit I am hoarding it! I love the Thor's thoughts, what a great idea, I need to do this for my pup. Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

NanaConnie said...

Great layout, Cheryl, and I love that beautiful cat! Thank you so much for entering and supporting our "Anything Goes" challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Lori said...

This is such a great layout, Cheryl! Love that paper that you used - it worked perfectly with this sketch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout :) Love your take on the sketch :P Thanks for joining us over at Sketch N Scrap
Tina-DT