Thursday, August 11, 2022

Craft On Birthday Card

Yesterday my hubby asked me to make a birthday card for his mom, so I pulled up some sketches and challenges and got to work. I've been thinking about playing along with Double Trouble's Gimme S'more challenge to create a fancy fold card using lots of layers and "stuff," so I did some research and found out how to make a bridge fold card. I love that you get all the dimension yet it folds flat for mailing! I added a pocket for the tag, which pulls out so my hubby can write a nice note to his mom.

Here's a little detail showing the shimmer on the butterfly and punched flowers!
Recipe:
Joyful Birthday stamp set
Craft On papers
Raspberry, Pixie, Carolina, Pansy, Canary, Clover Meadow & White Daisy cardstock
Raspberry, Pixie, Carolina, Bluebird, Canary & Clover Meadow ink
Shimmer Brush
Blush ribbon
Flamingo enamel dot
Purple Glitter Gem
Rounded flower punch (Emaginations)
Flower punch (EK Success)
Cricut Artistry cartridge: butterfly
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag
Pattern: Atlantic Hearts #485 (I added the strip across the middle of the card to make it a bridge fold)

Challenges: Creative Creases #38 Anything Goes with a Fun Fold; Just Us Girls #644 

Tic Tac Toe Challenges #173 (used the right hand column with sparkle + ribbon + flowers, and it's a birthday card!)

11 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

How cool that you used the Atlantic Sketch challenge in creating your fun bridge fold card. Loving the bold patterned papers used and the butterfly on the bridge... beautiful card. Also liked the many challenges you were able to enter using your fun fold. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Creative Creases.

Michelle said...

What a fantastic way to interpret our sketch! I love how colorful and fun you made your card. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

Silke Ledlow said...

So pretty! Great fold card and I really like the sparkly butterfly! Thank you for playing the TTTC with us!

Carol said...

I love bridge cards and yours is so pretty and fun! The vivid colors and fun die cuts and patterns are eye-catching!!! You absolutely captured the essence of my two teams' themes this week: Tic Tac Toe and Just Us Girls!!! Thanks for joining both this week!

Kathy said...

What a beautiful card, I love the vibrant colors and the details are very inviting. Smiles Kathy

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so cute - love the colour scheme! Thanks for sharing with us at both Atlantic Hearts and Double Trouble :)

pssmitty papercrafts said...

I haven't seen this fold before & I really like it! I think you did a great job. I know after we've been making cards for family for a few years it can be a challenge to make something they haven't seen before; you did an awesome job!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Dena J said...

Marvelous colors and dimension in your pretty bridge fold! Creative and fun take on the sketch, too. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic hearts Sketch Challenge.

Anna said...

I love how you interpreted the sketch-I would never have seen a bridge fold card. Your card is so cute! I love the floral paper and the butterfly, too. Your Mother in Law will love it. Thank you for joining us this week at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, AHSC Design Team

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Cheryl, you did a great job at making this sketch a fancy fold. Such bright and beautiful colors. thanks for sharing this make with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge. Good luck

Alicia

Kampin' Karen said...

Cheryl, what a neat idea to add a tag to your bridge fold. I'm sure your hubby was pleased. Thank you for entering the challenge at Creative Creases.
Karen, DT