Thursday, August 18, 2022

Father's Day 2016 Layout

I'm continuing my quest to create unique layouts using a single sketch, and this time I used only the left side of the sketch and I rotated it to the right. I also used squares in place of the solid strip, and a mix of three papers instead of the single 3" x 5" one specified in the sketch. My photo sizes were different as well, so I guess I got really creative on this one! But I still managed to include 3+ patterned papers, fussy cutting, something wet, and fibers so I could play along with Kathy's 5 for 5 challenge at Scrapbook.com

And for those who haven't been following along, here's the sketch I'm using:

Recipe:
Stacy's Hand Alphabet & It's Your Day stamp sets
Fish Tales papers & stickers (Photoplay)
Kraft, Crystal Blue, White Daisy & Black cardstock
Cranberry, Crystal Blue & Honey ink
Best Day Ever Assortment stickers
Cranberry grosgrain ribbon
Transparent Gloss texture paste (Ranger)
Scalloped scissors (CM)
Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil (Stampers Anonymous)
Cricut Artiste cartridge: banner
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag
Challenges: Lasting Memories #611 - 3 Things - Geometric/icon patterned paper (waves and scallops) + circles + stickers 

3 comments:

Sandy Ross said...

Such a fun layout Cheryl, love your creativity with the sketch! Fun papers and embellishments! Good use of our three things challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

Deanna said...

Great work with the '3 things', Cheryl! I love the border of patterned paper squares and the little crab! for joining us at Lasting Memories! :)

Tanya said...

That's a fun layout! Looove the crab with the teenagers, haha!! And that's a great challenge idea!