Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Soak Layout

I had these pictures siting on my desk for a few days and couldn't quite decide how to scrapbook them, I think because the 8" x 10" intimidated me a little! When I checked out the new sketch challenges that were posted today for August, I was glad I hadn't figured it out previously because the sketch from Rochelle Spears was just what I needed for this layout.
I love the circles and the arrangement of the three photos, so I used that idea for the right hand page (reversed to work better with my photos) and let it spill over onto my left page. I wanted to go minimalist for this layout, so I used only one patterned paper (she wanted us to use graph paper, but I couldn't find any in my stash) and eliminated some of the elements to achieve a cleaner look.
Recipe:
Basics Fundamentals paper - Whisper
Ponderosa Pine, Barn Red, Sky & White Daisy cardstock
Ponderosa Pine, Barn Red & Sky ink
Barn Red marker
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: title, This is the Life, Rest & Relax, and waves
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: trees, rings
Cricut Artistry cartridge: clouds

2 comments:

JenniferE said...

Love how you made the single page into a double! Great pictures and trees!

Jayma Malme said...

Beautiful layout! I love that sketch and how you interpreted it into a 2-page layout. I hadn't seen that sketch blog - now I have a new one to try out. :)