Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Let's Explore Some More Layout

This layout is a mix of some old things and some new. I needed to finish up the photos of Windsor Castle's Middle Ward, so I used some older patterned papers from My Mind's Eye and combined them with a curved title that I created in Design Space with the help of this video. Although that's not a new technique, I had never tried it before, so it took some experimenting, but I love how it came out!

And here are a few of the photos from the facing pocket page:



Recipe:
Magnolia papers (MME)
Pear, Canary, Tulip, Pixie, Sky, Espresso & French Vanilla cardstock
Pear & Crystal Blue ink
Black marker
White Gel pen (Sakura)
Enamel dots
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: flowers, title (created using Cricut Design Space)
Pattern: Sketches in Thyme #403
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart & Bitten By the Bug Something New challenge (my something new was using Cricut Design Space to curve my title)

12 comments:

Cat Nowak said...

Love the curved tittle!! Thank you for sharing the video! So glad you joined us again at Heart 2 Heart.

Denise S. said...

That curved title is a great idea and looks wonderful as does the trip.

Caroline said...

It looks like an amazing trip. I love the photos and the way you displayed them. The curved title looks so wonderful. Great job on your layout! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Great layout! I love the papers you chose to accompany your fabulous photos and the curved text is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at Bitten By The Bug 2 for the 'Something New' Challenge!

Eiren Noorn said...

Love the layout. Makes me wish I had gone closer to the castle when I had been in the area.

Scrapping Girl said...

Oooh, love the curved title! What a great scrapbook page! I'm also working on some scrapbook pages from a trip to the UK, and love how your page turned out! Thanks for sharing with us for our BBTB2 challenge!
:)
Michelle

Golden Goddess Designs said...

great layout! this sketch is pretty unique, love it! you rocked it! thank you for sharing with us at BBTB2! good luck

Alicia

moknowsall said...

what an awesome layout. Your curved words are what make the page (ok the paper and pics do too). I've curved a few things on the Cricut, it's pretty easy once you do the first one. Thanks for joining, as always, in our challenge for the new year, showing off 'something new'. --Maureen

Dorlene Durham said...

Love the layout and the ph otos are fantastic. So pretty. I haven't tried the curved title technique either and I love the way it looks. Thanks for playing with us at Bitten By The Bug. Dorlene DT BBTB2

Kim said...

Love the Layout, but I love the title even more. I will be trying that technique soon. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten by The Bug 2.

Brandi said...

Great layout, I love the title and how you curved it, super job! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Connie Can Crop said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the title and sketch! Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at BBTB2! Good Luck!! DT Connie