Monday, February 3, 2020

Big 5 Layout

The title of this layout is a little misleading, since it doesn't refer to the sporting goods store but to my son's first day of being a big 5th grader! But hey, if you leaped to conclusions, it's probably the month to do it since it's a leap year, right? Anyway, I'm hosting the scrapbooking Stash Busters challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers this year, so I picked three items from my list to add to my layout: 2 patterned papers that were not my favorites (the blue and rust plaid), chipboard, and washi tape. I could instead have also chosen a label, something metal, or fibers. This challenge is open all month, so click on the link above to play along!
Recipe:
Blue and grey patterned papers (from my stash, source unknown)
Rust Plaid paper (Paper Pizazz)
Linen, Lagoon & Juniper cardstock
Slate & Crystal Blue ink
Steel Grey marker (Zig)
Slate polka dot washi tape
Color Kaleidoscope puffy stickers & sticker book (American Crafts)
Teen Spirit Boy ephemera (Echo Park)
Oh Happy Day Bits & Pieces die-cuts (Simple Stories)
Oh Happy Day chipboard (Simple Stories)
"5" & "A" die-cuts (from my stash, source unknown)
Slide mount (Magic Scraps)
3-D foam tape
Star punch (source unknown)
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap #194
Challenges: Lasting Memories #483 - Punches (I used a star punch to add a little punch to my layout- LOL!); The Studio Challenges Half  (I used half a piece of the blue patterned paper on my layout)

8 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

Great layout! Love the sketch!

Sketch-N-Scrap said...

This is adorable! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Deanna said...

It's a great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories and Sketch N Scrap! ~Deanna :)

Lori said...

This is such a great layout and you did a great job using papers that weren't your favorites! I did not know - or maybe I had forgotten - that Splitcoast has scrapbooking challenges. I will have to swing by and see what's going on over there! You know I love a good stash busting challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Lori said...

And thanks so much for joining our punch challenge - loved your pun - at Lasting Memories, and our "half" challenge at The Studio Challenges! - Lori DT

Sharon Fontenot said...

Super layout. Love the use of blues. Sketch N Scrap appreciates your participation. Thank you for playing along.
Sharon Fontenot
higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

Chris C said...

Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

Michelle Mattie said...

What a great page and take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges.