Saturday, April 11, 2020

Holy Week Banner

Happy Easter everyone! I have been working on a little project the past few days in my attempt to make Easter special for our family since we won't be doing many of the things we usually do on Easter. I decided to make a banner we can use every year as we celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus, so I fired up Cricut Design Space and used images that depict a few scenes from Passion week. Some of the image pieces ended up being really tiny, so I was working with tweezers to glue them in place, but I love how the banner turned out, so it was worth the eye strain!

Here's the completed banner:
I started with the triumphal entry into Jerusalem, and then I skipped over to Passover with Jesus washing the disciples' feet since the cartridge I was using didn't have any scenes of Jesus driving the money changers out of the temple - wouldn't that have been cool!
 Passover cup and Jesus praying in the Garden of Gethsemane.
 A soldier arresting Jesus and Jesus carrying the cross.
Jesus on the cross and the empty tomb.
The risen Christ!
I used many color of cardstock, ink, and ShinHan Touch Twin markers, but I didn't keep track of what they all were!
Cricut New Testament cartridge in Design Space: all figures
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: banners
Challenges: Use Your Stuff #395 Easter

1 comment:

Willa Jean said...

What a fantastic banner! Way to celebrate this special holiday!