Saturday, September 5, 2020

EMS Sketch 93 + Joy of Sets 21 + Love {My Science Teacher} Layout

September is here, bringing a few new challenges for all my crafty friends to enjoy. First up, I created a new sketch. It's a little different from my usual style because I actually created it based on an existing layout, per a friend's request. I included measurements for your convenience but feel free to change it up, as I obviously did. My photo was smaller than 5" x 7," so I added another piece of cardstock to fill in the space, and I decided not to cut all the circles as different pieces and instead used a piece of patterned paper that had balloons on it to substitute for the circle idea.

Here's the sketch:


And here is my layout:

It's also time for the JOY OF SETS September challenge! Anne-Marie has a fun grid for us this month, with science right at the center. I chose to use the diagonal with stars, science, and gems to scrapbook this photo of my mom, who also happened to be my 8th grade science teacher. Here is the grid. You have all month to play along with it, so let's see what you can do!

Recipe:
I Heart Us, Central Park & Key to My Heart papers
Raspberry, Smoothie, Creme Brulee, Lagoon, Peacock, Mink, Black & White Daisy cardstock
Raspberry, Smoothie, Creme Brulee, Lagoon & Ponderosa Pine ink
Black marker
I Heart Us Complements chipboard
Round sparkles
Smoothie grosgrain ribbon
Rasberry & Lagoon baker's twine
Miracle Irresistibles chipboard die-cuts
Field Trip ephemera (American Crafts)
3-d foam tape
Heart & star punches (EK Success)
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: sun
Challenges:The Studio Challenges Special Person (I chose my wonderful mother); Double Trouble #65 (Thing 1 = anything goes + Thing 2 = linked up with Color My Heart); Color My Heart #409 (I used all the colors plus black and white, but had to substitute Creme Brulee for Nectarine since I didn't have any Nectarine ink or cardstock).

12 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I really do love your layouts and the embellishments you add, and I think I have a couple sheets of Creme Brulee cardstock in my stash and never thought to use; but it is a good match for the Nectarine. You must have enjoyed those summer visitors. Thanks again for sharing with us at Double Trouble and another favorite challenge of mine, ColorMyHeart Color Dare.

A.Rose said...

Terrific layout! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

Melanie R said...

Great take on the sketch, Cheryl! I always enjoy seeing your scrapbook pages. I enjoy the boards at Joy of Sets so will consider making a card for the challenge. Thank you for joining in at Double Trouble #65.

Alyson Mayo said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch and the colours and patterns you selected work so perfectly together. Thanks for sharing with us at both Colour Dare and Double Trouble :)

Donna Scholz said...

Great page, Cheryl! Love all the happy colors, and the note of appreciation to your science teacher (Mom). Thank you for sharing a little bit of yourself, and a lot of your talent with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

Angie McKenzie said...

Love your layout and what a special tribute to your mom!!! Love that she was your science teacher! LOL - and to think of all the fun you had with the summer visitors.

Kellianne said...

Your take on that fun sketch is awesome! Your layout and colors turned out awesome. Such a good memory treasure! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Fiona said...

This grid was right up your street then Cheryl - and fitting that you should do a layout featuring your mum - a lovely page

Michelle said...

Lovely layout with so many great details. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Cat Nowak said...

What a great layout! I love all the wavy cut papers!! Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare!

Tanya said...

Oh this is fantastic! What a neat memory to keep and what a fun page you made!

瑞尼 Rainny said...

Wow, I absolutely love this page with its soft colors! Thanks for joining The Studio Challenges.♥