Monday, October 26, 2020

Ticket 2 Ride Layout

My kids are too old for mini trains now, but at one point they loved them and would beg us for rides whenever we saw one. For this layout, I used one of my sketches and pulled out some long-retired CTMH paper with a Disney theme. Even though I wasn't scrapping Disney, the colors and feel seemed right, plus I added some dark green to match the colors on the train.

Recipe:
Vintage Type, A Typeface & Background Builders stamp sets
Giggles and Grins & Fanfare papers
Cranberry, Ponderosa Pine, Sunny Yellow, Chocolate, Slate, Black & White Daisy cardstock
Cranberry, Ponderosa Pine, Sunny Yellow, Black & Versamark ink
Black marker
Giggles and Grins My Stickease
White embossing powder
3-D foam tape
Paper crimper
Cricut Wall Decor & More: ticket, swirl
Cricut Design Space cartridge: train, tree
Cricut Artiste cartridge: RR sign
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 79

Challenges: Heart 2 Heart New to You (I bought the leaf stamp a while ago but it's the first time I ever inked it up, so it was new to me); Tic Tac Toe Challenge #87 (I used the top row across with scene, die-cut, leaves)

2 comments:

Stef Perry said...

What a great layout for your fond memories of these train rides! I remember loving those too when I was a kid (way, way back when LOL!). Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week!

Cat Nowak said...

Those colors are perfect for this layout! My son has grown out of this but he did the same thing every time we saw one. Thank you for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!