Saturday, November 7, 2020

Joy of Set 23 + Blue Angels Layout

I got to choose the items for the November Joy of Sets challenge board, so I got creative and picked items that start with the letters in November, plus I added the word thanks because, well, it's that time of year! Although I had originally planned to use some Thanksgiving photos, the ones I had printed up just weren't inspiring me, so I went in a totally different direction with these soccer photos from my daughter's team. The column with overlay, metal, and rub-on worked out very nicely. There's no journaling on the layout because I will be inserting a photo storage page between these two pages, and I chose to put the journaling in one of those pockets, but I added the journaling card below the layout. Adding digital journaling to a photo before I print it up is a technique I tend to forget about, but it is so easy and insures I don't neglect to share important details just because I'm feeling lazy!

 
Here's the card with the journaling:

And here's the grid. Play along with the challenge by create a layout or card using any row, column, or diagonal.

Recipe:
Later Sk8r PML cards
Fern, Outdoor Denim & White Daisy cardstock
Outdoor Denim ink
Love Letters rub-ons
Lagoon washi tape
Outdoor Denim baker's twine
Love Charms (Making Memories)
White Daisy brad
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: heart overlay
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: Game Day
Challenges: Bitten By the Bug Sports

7 comments:

Denise S. said...

Very cute layout with great colors. I love how you put the journaling in. Thanks for joining us at Bitten by the Bug 2.

Kim said...

Cute layout. I love the colors you used. Not traditional colors. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Cheryl, great fresh layout! you don't know how many soccer layouts I have completed myself...my kid is 20 and played 3 seasons a year for quite a while. I love the papers and what you did with it! thank you for sharing with us at BBTB2. Good luck and Join us for the new challenge posting today!

Alicia

Caroline said...

I love the colors of your layout and the design. I love your layouts. You do such an awesome job!

Crafts in the Command Center said...

This is a fun layout. I love the addition of the hearts. Great touch. Thanks for joining the sports challenge at BBTB2. Dorlene DT BBTB2

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the soccer layout. Congrats at winning Bitten by the Bug 2 Sports challenge. Makes me remember the fun times when my daughter played soccer. Read your profile that you are currently learning to play guitar. My daughter learned to play acoustic guitar from an instructor when she was younger. She is now learning to play electric guitar using a program and music she bought.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Hi Cheryl, looks like you have some news over on the BBTB2 blog! congrats!

Alicia