Friday, February 19, 2021

Set in Stone Layout

My hubby took lots of pictures of the Ancient Egypt exhibit at the British Museum, so this layout features some of the statues he photographed. There were too many to include them all!

Here are a few of the photos that go in the photo storage page that I placed between these two pages.






Recipe:
Laughing Lola papers
Glacier, Black & White Daisy cardstock
Black ink
Black marker
White Pearls
Licorice Opaques pearls
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: title, tag
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: stars
Pattern: Splitcoast Stampers Sketch15Jan3

Challenges: Double Trouble #77 Layer It On (Thing 1 = 5 layers in the upper corners with the stars + Thing 2 = linked up with the Crafter's Cafe #260 + Thing 3 = pearls); Use Your Stuff #416 It's My Favorite (purple, light blue, and black is one of my favorite color combos with which to scrap)

4 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

Lucky you, Cheryl!!! I've always dreamed of going to visit the British Museum! Your beautiful layout has let me visit at least a small portion of it virtually! I like how you chose the colors to feature the stone work and included yourself in some of the images. Great job, and a great entry to our Double Trouble "layer it on" challenge! -Donna

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Well, you never have any problem with layers, and must say don't see you frequently in your scrapbook pages. That was like my daughtr was always the family photographer so she too isn't in many of her scrapbook pages. Wow, fantastic photos of stone. That background paper also has the look of strips of lace... another great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and The Crafter's Cafe.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

great layout, great exhibit to photograph.

Alicia

Melanie R said...

Lucky you, Cheryl! I visit family in England frequently (before Covid) but my suggestions to visit The British Museum fall on deaf ears. I have read a great deal about its founding and history. After seeing your lovely scrapbook page, I am definitely going to include it on my next trip abroad. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #77.