Friday, June 4, 2021

Kindergarten ABC Album Final Layout

Since May was National Scrapbook Month, I started out with the intention of scrapping 20 layouts, but life intervened. During the first week of the month, my 11 year old son, whom my family adopted four years ago, went in for surgery to widen his constricted aorta. Despite seeming to come through the surgery with flying colors, some complications developed and my son went home to be with the Lord the day following his surgery. We miss him desperately, and I wasn't sure I would be able to scrapbook about him any time soon, but I made the decision to finally finish the ABC album I had started for him in kindergarten. It was intended to be a gift for his teacher, but I worked so hard on it that I just couldn't part with it, so I saved it for my son. I still hadn't completed the final layout, but my husband really wants to include the album as part of the display table at our son's memorial service, so I pulled out my supplies and forced myself to scrapbook. The process has been therapeutic, and I am so grateful to have this memento of my baby.

Recipe:
Moondoggie papers
Cashmere, Indian Corn Blue, Garden Green, Cranberry, Saffron & White Daisy cardstock
Cranberry, Indian Corn Blue & Garden Green ink
Black marker
ShinHan Touch Twin markers
Cranberry grosgrain ribbon
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: title, arrows
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: Hibiscus
Pattern: Splitcoast Stampers Sketch16Jan1
Challenges:
Bitten by the Bug May Flowers
• Double Trouble #85 (Thing 1 - Anything goes + Thing 2 - played along with a previous partner + Thing 3 - Yoyo dare using the Time Warp trick since I pulled out an unfinished project from the past)
• The Crafter's Cafe #267 Anything Goes
• Studio Challenges SCRAP items (S - sketch + C - Cranberry cardstock + R - ribbon + A - arrows + P - patterned paper);
Tic Tac Toe Challenge #116 (Used the middle row with blue + Circle + floral image)

16 comments:

Connie said...

Cheryl, so sorry for your loss. This page is a lovely tribute to him.
Hugs,
Connie

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Cheryl, so sorry for your loss. You have shared many memories of your son in your scrapbook pages, please share more of your ABC Album. "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal". Finishing your ABC album will be quite an accomplishment and memories forever. Another beautiful scrapbook page and thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Sorry for your loss. Glad for the memories. Great use of Cricut images.
Melissa BBTB2 Design Member 2021
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

moknowsall said...

My condolences. Those smiles in the picture show so much happiness and love. By scrapbooking you never forget those great memories

Caroline said...

Cheryl, so very sorry for your loss. It must have been so hard to sit down and craft this page. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. You did such a beautiful job on this layout. Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

JenniferE said...

Oh Cheryl, my heart aches for you. Even though I’m know your son is with the Lord, grieve his loss and take time to heal yourself and the rest of your family. I love your LO and Cricut cut flowers. Beautiful memory.

Melanie Hungerford said...

So very sorry for your loss, this page (and the whole scrapbook) will bring back so many happy memories, and we are honored that you have shared it with us at Double Trouble.

Willa Jean said...

Wow! I cannot imagine your pain! Hugs & prayers!

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh Cheryl, I am so sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful page and I'm sure the entire album is a wonderful memorial to your beautiful son. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Denise S. said...

I am so sorry for your loss, as I think losing a child has to be the hardest loss. I am glad you were able to complete the page and keep those memories of him. Thank you for posting on BBTB2.

瑞尼 Rainny said...

Great take on our challenge at The Studio Challenges!

creationsnz said...

A sad time for you, turned into wonderful memories with your album and this happy page. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafters Cafe, see you again soon. CarolG

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cheryl I am so very sorry for your loss - my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. I am glad you found it theraputic to complete your alphabet scrapbook (such a great idea by the way) - a wonderful lasting tribute to your son for sure. Thank you so much for sharing with us over at TicTacToe this week.

Tanya said...

Big Hugs to you!!

Maryellen said...

I am so very sorry for your loss of your precious son. I will be praying for you and your family.

Candace said...

I just recent came across your blog through Pinterest. I’m so sorry about your son he’s so handsome! I know it’s been several months since your loss but I can not imagine that it gets any easier. You have a big Heart adopting ❤️ Sending lots of prayers for your family ❤️ You done a wonderful job as you have done on all the pages I have looked at so far. I have scrapbooked for years and I think I put too much thought into now and just can’t seem to do much past pinning ideas but I’m going to have to sit down and just push myself to do it as you done 🥰