Thursday, October 21, 2021

Team Party Memories Layout

I put together the bones of this project back in 2009 when CTMH came out with their Tickled Pink scrapbooking kit - anyone remember that? I had cut some papers and glued them down on white cardstock, but then they languished in my stash for 12 years because I almost never scrapbook the tiny pictures sizes required to fit the smaller mats I used. Silly me! Anyway, I had pulled out the kit and used some of the loose paper for a card last month, and I noticed that the papers coordinated pretty well with the photos I was scrapbooking, so I determined to make them work. The layout was extremely basic (just a few photo mats and patterned paper pieces), so, inspired by several challenges, I kept trying out and adding stuff until it reached its present form, a layout twelve years in the making. I think that's a record even for me!

Recipe:
I Am, Trinity Alphabet & It's Your Day stamp sets
Tickled Pink scrapbooking kit (patterned papers, textured cardstock, die-cut flowers)
White Daisy cardstock
Blush, Hollyhock, Crystal Blue, Twilight & Sunny Yellow ink
Black marker
Blush ribbon
Love This wood titles
Wood Hearts
Lacey Trims - white (49 & Market)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag, shaped title box
Pattern: Dynamic Duo from Jeanette Lynton's Imagine
Challenges: Cut It Up #236 Pink + a die-cut; Heart 2 Heart Terrific Tags; Lasting Memories #568 Inspired by Maggie Holmes (tried to imitate her style but don't know how successful I was!)

5 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Cheryl, Well done! This beautiful layout was twelve years in the making. It looks fabulous.

Evelyn

Cat Nowak said...

Great job on working through one of those tough layout that we have around. Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Sandy Ross said...

Fabulous take on the challenge! Love your double layout, great paper choices and embellishments! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

Brandi said...

Fabulous layout, I love how you used the tag on this....great job! I love this, what a great card! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Melissa Robinson said...

Oh my goodness! Tickled Pink made a lovely comeback! I love everything about your layout!

Thank you for participating with us at Heart 2 Heart.

H2H Design Team