Friday, October 29, 2021

What a Relief Layout

I went back to the Assyrian exhibit at the British Museum for this layout featuring carved reliefs from various sites in Nimrud and Nineveh. The title is a play on the old jingle for Alka Seltzer, and I popped up the negative title to give a little additional dimension.


The journaling and additional photos are on a facing photo storage page:

And, since it's probably really hard to read the journaling, here are the journaling cards for any history nuts (like me) who want to read all about it!


Recipe:
Pen Pal Alphabet & Star Power stamp sets
Elemental, March-April 2021 Mix-in & Sweetheart papers
Sorbet, Sage & White Daisy cardstock
Sorbet, Creme Brulee, Sage & Black ink
Black marker
Creme Brulee baker's twine
Let's Wander Thickers (American Crafts)
Dymo label tape
3-D foam tape
Cricut Artiste cartridge: title, wing
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 61

Challenges: Let's Craft & Create #176 Things with Wings; Tic Tac Toe Challenges #137 (used the middle column with Embossing + Green + Twine) 

Color My Heart #476 (I don't have anything in Papaya yet and very little in Sundance, so I used the old colors Sorbet and Creme Brulee as the closest matches. Also realized I messed up and used gold instead of silver, but I still wanted to share my layout!)

7 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

You always amaze me with your interpretation and exactness of page layouts. And yes, there are a lot of times on your pages I zoom in to read your journals and sometimes the detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare... beautiful and colorful layout using the Triple Play palette.

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Let's Craft and Create. We hope to see you again.
~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

Cat Nowak said...

Great layout! These colors work perfectly for you layout. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

Alyson Mayo said...

Very cool layout and the history is always interesting to read. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Debi said...

What a great layout! Love the word play...couldn't help but sing it as I read it! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Melanie R said...

Great rendition of the sketch, Cheryl, and you used our colors perfectly. I love museums - it drives my family nuts because they want to do other things! Thank you for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare #467.

Susan Renshaw said...

Oooh - I like the relief!
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan
Color Dare Challenges
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!