Saturday, April 16, 2022

Hot Wheels Layout

My second car show layout features a 5" x 7" photo of an old fashioned fire truck, so the title Hot Wheels seemed like a perfect fit! After cutting out the triangles overlay on my Cricut, I had a bunch of left-over triangles, so I came up with the idea of flipping them over to allow the lighter shade of the two toned cardstock to show, and then adding them randomly to my layout. I haven't tried this before, but I like the way it turned out.

Recipe:
Jackson papers
Glacier, Barn Red, Desert Sand & Colonial White cardstock
Glacier, Barn Red & Desert sand ink
Sienna Fineliner pen (iBayam)
ShinHan Touch Twin marker
Chocolate & Heavenly Blue Ribbon Rounds
Let's Wander Thickers (American Crafts)
Silver Bigger Brads
Staples
Edge distresser
Cricut Artistry cartridge: triangle overlay
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tags
Cricut Just because Cards cartridge: car
Cricut Design Space: title using Freestyle Script font
Challenges: Lasting Memories #593 Triangles; Use Your Stuff #445 Tags

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Love that title font with the car and great job with the triangles! Thanks so much for your entry at Lasting Memories! :)

Haven_mom4 said...

Great photo. I love the 50's vibe you created with the colors and classic car cut. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff

Sandy Ross said...

I love your triangle background, it is very effective! Great title work too! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

Deanne Saunders said...

Love this!!! Awesome scrapbook page!!! Thanks so much for participating in our USE YOUR STUFF challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper