Thursday, June 9, 2022

Sing & Play Layout

My creativity has been stalled for the last week because I had a really hard time getting going with this layout featuring photos of my kids singing and dancing at our church's Cave Quest VBS. I actually started scrapping it using totally different papers, but they didn't really seem to be working, so I headed off on a new track this morning. The design on a green watercolor paper from Vicki Boutin really reminded me of stalactites, so I decided to use this as my base and build around it using a sketch from Rochelle Spears. I got lots of fun inspiration from various challenges; for example, I added a strip of striped washi tape that ended up reminding me of a piano keyboard, perfect for the music theme of the layout!

Recipe:
Pennant Alphabet stamp set
Vicki Boutin Let's Wander Mixed Media paper (American Crafts)
Bizarre Bats paper (Echo Park)
Watercolor papers (Recollections)
Purple plaid paper (from my stash, source unknown)
Pansy purple & Sky ink
White Daisy & Black cardstock
Black marker
Purple glitter gems
Black baker's twine
Purple Shimmer Trim
Jeepers Creepers washi tape
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: bat
Pattern: Rochelle Spears June 2022 Sketch

Challenges: Scrap With Stacy June Tic tac Toe Board (used  the middle row with Two photos + Banner + Washi)


Color My Heart Color Dare #498 Shades of green, blue and purple (I didn't have a lot of purple paper in my stash, so this was more challenging than I thought it would be, but I love the colors together so I made it work!)

4 comments:

MortiCraft said...

Lovely use of our colours and I hope it’s got you out of your creative rut! Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Very creative and fun background for the music theme and love that bit of washi tape, great layout and nice memories. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Debi said...

Great use of the colors! What a great layout. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Vandra said...

A beautiful page, I love all the background elements. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare, I hope you can join us again soon.