Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Coach Thank You Card

Although I have the goal of completing ten scrapbook layouts this month, I keep having to pause and create cards, so we will see how many layout I get done. Here is another card, this time the group card from my daughter’s softball team to their coach. Coach loves Starbucks, so I was tempted to make one of those cute coffee-themed cards, but I also wanted to play along with a few challenges that pulled me in another direction, so this is what I came up with. 


And here is the card along with the embellished envelope:

Recipe:
My Game, Alphabet Solos "X", Thank You, Buddies - Joey, Starter Alphabet & Tickled Pink stamp sets
Capri, Honey Butter, Kraft & White Daisy cardstock
Capri. Honey & Sapphire ink
Sapphire baker's twine
3-D foam tape
CTMH Stripes embossing folder
Dot Fade stencil (Stampers Anonymous)
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: softballs
Cricut Artiste cartridge: heart, banner
Pattern: The Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge May 2024

Challenges: Little Red Wagon #755 Create Your Own Background (I used a bunch of sports themed words/phrases to create a word cloud for my background); Word Power #5 (hopefully there are enough words on this card - LOL!); Color My Heart Color Dare #600 (the right hand column of Sapphire + Capri + Honey Butter was perfect for the school colors)

Tic Tac Toe Challenges #247 (used the diagonal with Dry embossing + Stenciling + Embellished envelope as well as the column with Twine + Scoring + Embellished envelope and the row with Stripes + Stenciling + Scoring)

9 comments:

Michelle said...

What a great sports card to thank a coach. The way you used our colors works so well to convey your message. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Sandra said...

What a great card!! And great take on the sketch!
Thanks for joining The Outlawz Sketch challenge!
Don't forget to enter it in our site wide linky too, https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Boy, great job on creating a card with a scrapbook page sketch... so glad you got distracted from a layout to make this card... And the colors from our challenge worked out so well and will surely be much appreciated. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Anne Fenton said...

Wow what a great card, I love your take on the sketch, it is lovely. Thanks for joining the Outlaws Wed. sketch challenge.

Heidi said...

Love the collage of words on your background. SO perfect for a coach! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare. -Heidi

Rosanne Mulhern said...

Wow! This is an awesome card, Cheryl and I'm sure any coach would be thrilled to receive it. Thanks for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

Becca Yahrling said...

What a fabulous card for the Coach; he will love it! Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.

AndreaNorris said...

Oh that's so cool, what a fun boys baseball card! Thanks for joining us at Outlawz Sketch this time
Andrea x

Cara said...

I am a bit late but still wanted to stop by and tell you want an awesome card this is. Great take on the sketch!
Thanks so much for entering our Wednesday Sketch Challenge at The Outlawz Challenges
Cara, Design Team
The Outlawz Sketch Challenge
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}