Sunday, August 4, 2024

The Medieval Palace Layout

I am still working on photos from the Tower of London, but got stuck on this layout for a couple of weeks. It was supposed to be a scraplift, but I didn't take into account that I had a very limited selection of papers and no embellishments to use in certain spots, so I kept trying to figure out what to use. I finally decided to simplify and omit the highly embellished tags on the original layout, so it's must simpler than I originally planned. I'm glad to get it into the album so I can move on, so it's all good!

The medieval palace at the Tower of London is made up of three towers, so I put photos of St. Thomas Tower on the left page of the layout, and photos of Wakefield Tower and Lanthorn Tower on the right page. In between is a photo storage page with journaling and more photos, some of which I showed off below.





Recipe:
Newsprint Alphabet stamp set (SU)
Once Upon a Time papers (P13)
Indian Corn Blue, Kraft & White Daisy cardstock
Indian Corn Blue & Candy Red ink
Cobalt Blue fineliner pen (iBayam)
Yesterday & Today PML cards
Trinkets Wooden shapes
Wooden Arrows
Durables Artisan Studs
White wired ribbon (from my stash, source unknown)
Red ribbon (Offray)
Scalloped border punch (Fiskars)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag
Pattern: Scraplift from Scrapbook.com

1 comment:

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

What great pictures. And will be an awesome page.