Sunday, August 9, 2026

Movie Day Layout for LM #811

Hello, everyone, and happy Sunday. Today is the reveal for the latest challenge over at Lasting Memories, and this time, Jill has challenged us to  create a layout showing our favorite brand or designer. This is always a challenge for me, since I was so loyal to CTMH for many years, but then they went out of business - bummer. I have a few new favorites now, with anything by Vicki Boutin topping the list. Here I used her mixed media paper as my background, then added patterned paper for the frame and the strip across the page. The "with you" puffy sticker is from one of her collections, too. We would love to see who is your favorite designer or brand, so feel free to swing by Lasting Memories to share a layout with us!


Here are a few close-ups - the extra ticket that pulls out of the envelope:
The title:
And the stamped sentiments:

Recipe:
Captured Happiness, Cherish the Day, Live Out Loud, This Way & Ticket to Ride stamp sets
Vicki Boutin Let's Wander Mixed Media & Printed Mixed Media paper (American Crafts)
Ruby, Chocolate, Pebble, Black & White cardstock
Ruby, Moonstruck, Flaxen & Black ink
White gel pen (Sakura)
Paige Evans Very Merry Christmas wood stars (Pinkfresh)
Red Sunset enamel dots (Altenew)
Blue Swiss Dot grosgrain ribbon (Offray)
White Daisy baker's twine
Sweet Rush Collection - Loving This puffy stickers (American Crafts)
Foam tape (Scrapbook.com)
Cricut Southwest cartridge: pistol, rug, boot
Cricut Artiste cartridge: filmstrip, tickets, envelope, movie
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: clouds
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: scalloped border
Cricut Design Space: Day using Chloe font
Pattern: Rochelle Spears August 2026 Sketch

Challenges: Little Red Wagon #870 Make an envelope - I created a tiny envelope for the tickets; A Cut Above Anything Goes including a die-cut (I went kind of crazy on the die-cuts but didn't manage the optional twist of fall flowers - maybe next time); Unicorn Challenge Blog #123 Layer it up; Scrap With Stacy Tic Tac Toe ( I chose the top row with foam (behind the clouds + enamel dots + 2 photos).

No comments: