Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chinese New Year

My youngest son, Elliot, celebrated Chinese New Year with his pre-school class this year. Unfortunately, there was no parade with dragons or fireworks, but the kids got to eat a lot, which they seemed to enjoy. I didn't have any papers or stamps that co-ordinated with this theme, so I created some background paper using the random stamping technique. I used the January Word Puzzle to stamp Happy New Year! on the Holiday Red cardstock, then used the same stamp but added the word Chinese to create my title. Using the clear stamps made this really easy, since I could see exactly where I was stamping. No crooked words or botched stamping - yay! I also included a dragon that Elliot had colored in, but I sprayed it with Archival Mist first to be sure it was safe to use in my scrapbook.



Recipe (all items CTMH):
January Word Puzzle, Swirl Stroke Caps, Atomic Caps, Tiny Typewriter Alphabet stamp sets
Stardust paper pack
Holiday Red, Dutch Blue, Sunny Yellow cardstock
Holiday Red, Dutch Blue ink

No comments: