Monday, May 11, 2009

Some Bunny Loves Me

I am so blessed! I had a wonderful Mother's Day, thanks to my husband and two boys. My favorite part of the day was when Adrian came out of Sunday School and handed me a card with a coupon for a good attitude inside! I never had to use it because the boys were in such a good mood all day. Hope everyone had a great day, too. This morning, I was catching up on scrapping some old photos, and I just love these pictures of Elliot hugging the bunny. I used the Stardust paper pack as my accent paper on this layout; if you scrapbook a lot of boys, you have to get this paper pack. It is perfect for anything boy themed! The layout design is copied from a Lisa Bearnson kit I purchased several years ago and never used, but I was able to adapt the pattern and use it here. I included a couple of fun techniques that I'd like to point out. The title uses the rock and roll technique, where you stamp your image in a lighter color and then roll the edges in a darker ink to get a two-toned image; and I used my pivot point stapler to make the stapled "X"s. The head of this stapler swings around to eight positions, so I can always turn it to the correct position and reach across a long expanse of paper to make the design I want. Too cool!





Recipe (all products CTMH):
Charm Alphabet Upper and Lowercase stamp sets
Stardust paper pack
Sweet Leaf, Dutch Blue, Desert Sand, & White Daisy cardstock
Desert Sand & Holiday Red ink
Dazzling Die Cuts textured hearts
Pivot Point Stapler
Staples

No comments: