Tuesday, April 6, 2010

LOAD #6 - Beauty

I finally got pictures developed for EMS Sketch Challenge #6, so here is my layout. My hubby took some pictures of a beautiful Southern California sunset (smog is good for something!), and they were so lovely that I decided to scrap them. This layout is not my usual boy-dominated style, but it was fun to work out what elements worked well together. Here's a technique for you: the Finishing Files are great for sanding painted metal to reveal what's underneath. I had one metal token left from the Connections Club package I used yesterday, so I sanded the other metal Creme Brulee embellishments to match the distressed look of the token.



Recipe:
Beautiful Things, Key to my Heart & Chocolate Alphabet Large stamp sets
Key to My Heart papers
Lilac Mist, Creme Brulee & White Daisy cardstock
Lilac Mist, Sorbet & Creme Brulee ink
Connections Club metal token
Spring Blossom Mini Medley
Sorbet ribbon

3 comments:

Chanel's Owner aka Michelle said...

http://ownerofchanel.blogspot.com/2010/04/load-6-sisters.html

Linda said...

Wow! your paper is just perfect for those pictures!

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss116/twinstimestwo/Image0012.jpg

On the left is my kids and a friend's kids doing a "show", totally hilarious to watch and on the right my daughter is climbing a tree and our friend is showing her how much higher she can go...so scary!

I was proud of myself with these pages, I used 3 different paper packs together. I have leftovers of all of them and needed to use them up and they worked so well together!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow! Your pictures are beautiful and that layout is perfect! You truly have a talent to take such wonderful pictures, then to top it off, match a scrapbook layout just right! Well done!