Thursday, May 30, 2019

End of School Year Cards

My son is graduating from eighth grade tonight, so I whipped up a fun card for him. I thought the sunglasses were a perfect fit for his teenage attitude!
Recipe:
Elemental & Universal Backgrounds stamp sets
Stargazer papers
Canary & White Daisy cardstock
Poppy, Pacifica, Canary & Grey Wool ink
Cricut Artistry cartridge: balloon
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: graduation cap, sunglasses
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap card sketch 143
Challenges: BBTB graduation theme

And for another teacher thank you card, I made this ice cream card for his English teacher. I thought she would like the play on words!
Recipe:
Take Note stamp set
Free to Be Me papers
Mint, Kraft & White Daisy cardstock
Juniper, Goldrush, Desert Sand & Tulip ink
Cricut Artistry cartridge: ice cream & cone
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap card sketch 140

6 comments:

moknowsall said...

You are such a cool mom! Congrats to your son. Love the age appropriate smiley card, sure put a smile on my face today! Thanks for entering our challenge at Bitten by the Bug2

Caroline said...

I love this groovy graduate! Your son will love this and will certainly put a smile on his face. The teacher thank you was too cool for words! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Scrapping Girl said...

I have teens too and the sunglasses are definitely appropriate, lol! This turned out so cute and fun! I'm sure he loved it! Glad you could join us at BBTB2 for this challenge!
:)
Michelle

Dorlene Durham said...

I agree! That card is perfect for an eighth grade graduate. Love how cool that balloon is! Thanks for joining the challenge at BBTB2. Dorlene DT

Golden Goddess Designs said...

hey Cheryl!I think I recognize these cards! I am so happy you joined our challenge over at Bitten By the Bug 2! Love them both! You did an excellent job with the balloon! Thank you for sharing!

Alicia

SugarShine Designs said...

You're card was such a creative use of the balloon file for your special graduation card. I'm sure you're son loved it. My son graduated from 8th grade too last week. Crazy isn't it?! The thank you card is also sweet. You have an eye for design for sure! Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2 challenge blog. Janet/Sugarshine Designs