Thursday, May 9, 2019

Mother's Day Card 2019

I was working on a layout when I suddenly realized Mother's Day is this Sunday and I hadn't made a card for my mom yet - bad me! I wanted to try something a little different, so I pulled out the Happy Place stamp set that I had purchased a while ago but never used. The little nesting dolls are so cute, and I thought they would be a fun image to use on my card. The rest of the pieces took a little longer to fall into place, but I ended up using a bunch of random stuff that managed to look good together. Just an FYI: the patterned paper is from a Christmas kit and has mittens on the back (which would take me forever to use here in Southern California), so I re-purposed it for a Mother's Day card. Sometimes out of the box thinking can really help use up some of your stash!
Recipe:
Happy Place & Background Builders stamp sets
Pear & Partridge PML card
Cotton Candy, Bamboo, Desert Sand, Black & White Daisy cardstock
Cotton Candy, Bamboo, Desert Sand, Black & Cranberry ink
White gel pen (Sakura)
Xmas Red Stickles (Ranger)
Heart punch (EK Success)
Cricut Artiste cartridge: sentiment
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap card sketch #77
Challenges: Bitten By the Bug Mother's Day

7 comments:

Dorlene Durham said...

Cute nesting dolls on the card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten By The Bug. Dorlene DT BBTB2

Caroline said...

This is such a cute idea for a Mothers Day card. I love the nesting dolls. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

havacard said...

what an adorable card!! your mom is going to love this!
Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

lovely card, I have this stamp set and love it! thank you for sharing with us at Bitten By the Bug 2 this go round! Good luck!

Alicia

moknowsall said...

I love your card with the little Russian dolls. My daughter had a set of these when she was little. They always hold a place in my heart and bring good memories. I know your card will bring happiness and good thoughts to the mom that receives it. Have a happy Mother’s Day. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week.

Scrapping Girl said...

The nesting dolls are so sweet-such an adorable image for Mother's Day. I'm sure your mom will love it! It always feels so good to use from the stash! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!
:)
Michelle

SugarShine Designs said...

This card is super cute. Great way to show off both those awesome nesting dolls and the Cricut sentiment! And it's also great that you pulled out Christmas paper and used it here in a way that you could never tell. Thanks for participating in the BBTB2 challenge. Janet