Thursday, May 30, 2019

Welcome to Westminster Abbey Layout

We weren't permitted to take photos inside Westminster Abbey, but I was able to purchase a bunch of postcards from the gift shop. The real challenge came in trying to scrapbook these, since they were almost 5" x 7" size, and I had ten of them! What to do? After contemplating a while, I decided to create a layout where four of the postcards are immediately visible, and the other 6 are hidden in Flip-Flaps under three of the visible postcards. I also used clear photo corners to mount the postcards, rather than sticking them on with adhesive, so I could actually remove each postcard and read the description on the back. I know I won't do that very often, but maybe in twenty years I will want to remember what all these photos depict! The postcards on the left page are of the Nave looking west (with grave of unknown warrior) and the Henry VII Chapel, and the postcards on the right are of the East Cloister and the tomb effigy of Elizabeth I.

And here are the postcards that are under the Flip-Flaps:
Shine of Edward the Confessor and the Coronation Chair

The High Altar with the Cosmati Pavement and the Henry VII Chapel ceiling
Tomb effigy of Mary Queen of Scots and Poet's Corner
Recipe:
Honeycomb, Diverse Backgrounds, Universal Backgrounds, You Are & This Happened stamp sets
Pemberly, Skylark & Elemental papers
Kraft, Indian Corn Blue, Barn Red & White Daisy cardstock
Desert Sand, Flaxen, Indian Corn Blue, Outdoor Denim & Barn Red ink
Cork heart stickers (American Crafts)
Mind Your Manners Ephemera (Bella Blvd)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: banners
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: Remember
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap #177 (left side) & Sketch-n-Scrap Inspired By Sketch #8 (rotated)

Challenges: Lasting Memories #446 - Tiny Stamps (I used a partial daisy stamp to add detail to the zip-strip scalloped border - it looked okay before, but I love how it now emphasizes the flow across the two pages)

4 comments:

Christine Kiehl said...

what delightful post cards and post! Very nicely done! I have a ton of these type site visits myself! Now you have given me an idea on how to scrap them myself! Thank you for sharing!

Amy Pitts said...

So nice! Looks like you had a great time. I love the way your pages came out. Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap.

Lisa said...

Wow! Great idea and so creative so you could scrap those post cards, love it! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Sharon Fontenot said...

I just love it when there are REAL tickets on a layout. You did a marvelous job of extending the layout into a two-page layout. Sketch N Scrap appreciates your participation. Thank you for playing along.
Sharon Fontenot
higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/