Monday, May 20, 2019

National Gallery 1500s Layout

I ran out of pictures from 2014 to scrapbook, so while I'm waiting for my order to arrive, I turned my attention back to my London photos from 2017. Since we took a little over 3000 photos and I'm currently on Day 5 of a 14 day trip, I have a feeling I will be scrapping these photos on and off for the next five years! Anyway, for these photos from the National Gallery, featuring some of our favorite paintings from the 1500s, I decided to scrapbook just a few and place some more in a pocket page. Not including the white, there are only two colors on this layout: Barn Red and 3 shades of grey. I did this for a challenge I'm hosting over at Scrapbook.com, and let me tell you, it requires a lot of self-discipline not to add more colors - LOL!
Recipe:
Picture Perfect, All the Details, Alphabet Solo "R" & Love Life stamp sets
Paper Fundamentals Basic Assortment
Barn Red, Linen, Whisper & Grey Wool cardstock
Barn Red, Slate, Whisper & Grey Wool ink
Steel Gray marker (Zig)
PML Tabbed journaling cards
Grey  Wool baker's twine
Magic Mesh
CTMH Stripe embossing folder
Cricut Artiste cartridge: title banner
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap #146

Challenges: Lasting Memories #447 Sentiment stamps (picture perfect, all the details, love this, remember); Heart 2 Heart Scrapbook Layouts (I could have chosen many of my layouts for this challenge, but I felt pretty proud of what I managed to do with some discontinued product, so here's my entry!)

4 comments:

CatScrapbooking said...

What a great layout and I love that it is only 3 colors! Wow 3000 photos is a lot to go through. Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Deanna said...

Wonderful work with all the stamping, Cheryl! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

Brandi said...

What a great layout! I love the colours you chose to compliment the colours of the paintings. Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Melissa Robinson said...

Great way to preserve these memories. The paper and elements are great for it!

Thanks for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!

Melissa Robinson
H2H Design Team Member