Friday, May 3, 2024

Crazy New Friends Layout

May is such a fun month for me with National Scrapbook falling on the first Saturday. Our family has plans for tomorrow so I can't scrap all day, but that's okay because I am going to celebrate NSD all month long! Here's my first layout of the month, with a few photos of my boys hanging out at Magic Mountain with some new friends, the sons of my hubby's college roommate /best man. 

Recipe:
Happiest Place & May/June 2022 Mix-In papers
Green Apple, Lemonade, Black & White Daisy cardstock
Nectarine, Glacier & Sunny Yellow ink
Black marker
Happiest Place acrylic shapes
Field Notes Thickers (American Crafts)
Scalloped border punch (Fiskars)
Cricut Design Space: title using Agent Q font & Friends cut file from NC Mom
Cricut Art Philosophy: arrow
Pattern: Splitcoast Stampers Sketch16 Aug1

Challenges: Double Trouble #165 (Thing 1 = Anything Goes + Thing 2 = played along with Crafting Happiness #172's Way Up High theme with stars, suns, and roller coasters + Thing 3 = used yellow, light green, and orange from the inspiration board); My Time to Craft #533 (chose the friendship part of the challenge to go along with my sons' new friendship)

4 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Great layout celebrating friendship. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

Melanie R said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Cheryl! Such a happy event to capture. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble #165.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

We rode so many roller coasters in our time; but it's been a long time ago... not sure I would go on them anymore. Ehat a fun time for the kids, great memory page and love all the bright colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Crafting Happiness.

Kellianne said...

What a great page and a wonderful memory caught! You inspire me to get going on getting pictures onto pages again. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble! :)