Friday, May 10, 2024

Imagination Station Layout

I always take a bunch of photos at Vacation Bible School (or my hubby does), and then I have to decide which ones to put on a layout, always a challenge. I'm so grateful for pocket pages so I can slip a bunch more photos in between the two sides of my double page spread and don't have to worry about creating yet another layout for them! While creating this layout, I wanted to use a funky font stamp set for the title, but the "i" had a curly tail and looked more like a "j" so I did something I have never done before - I cut my stamp! I love the result, but it was a weird feeling to do surgery on a stamp. Has anyone ever done that? Am I strange to feel weird about it? LOL!

Recipe:
Swirl Stroke Caps and Lowercase stamp sets
Hip Hip Hooray paper
Field Trip papers (American Crafts)
Carolina, Sundance, Fern & White Daisy cardstock
Carolina, Sundance, Bluebird & Fern ink
Star Spangled Blue marker
Candy Apple Shimmer Trim
Cricut Accent Essentials: gears
Cricut Artiste cartridge: puzzle pieces
Pattern: scraplift from Splitcoast Stampers
Challenges: Double Trouble #166 Stash and Trash (Thing 1 - used papers from 2 paper packs); Colorful Options (I started out using the Royal Blue option, but ended up adding too many other colors, so I switched to the rainbow option)

3 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wonderful layout, you've got a great selection of photos, really gives a nice feeling of what VBS was all about. And I had a hard time cutting up my first stamp, but now I do it all the time to make sentiments fit where I want them!
Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

Alyson Mayo said...

Nice selection of photos - the orange and blue work perfectly with the pics. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

No, don't feel weird about doing surgery on a stamp, I do that often and sometimes with two different stamps to make a sentiment complete. Love layouts with a bunch of memory photos and adding the paper with colors from the photos and elements. Always enjoy your journaling. Thanks for sharing your beautiful layout with us at Double Trouble.