Sunday, May 26, 2024

Dear Friends, Let's Celebrate Layout for Lasting Memories #703

It's time for the final challenge of the month over at Lasting Memories, and this time I asked everyone to create a layout that was inspired by someone else's layout. There are so many talented scrappers out there, so it was hard to narrow it down, but I decided to lift fellow LM design team member Jill Rugg. I loved her adorable "Wish You Were Here" layout and pretty much CASEd (copy and steal everything) it! The hardest part was figuring out how to make the edges look like an airmail envelope, but I finally created a template in Cricut Design Space and used the openings as a guide to color the markings. I noticed after I was about halfway around the layout that they should have been flush with the edge of the paper, but I just kept going and decided I like how it looks. Please come play with us over at Lasting Memories before this month's challenges end on June 1st, and don't forget to link up your completed layouts!

Here's my layout:

And here is Jill's original:


Recipe:
Captured Happiness, Express Postage, Postcard - Travel Series, Today's Date & Just for Boys stamp sets
Black, Honey & White Daisy cardstock
Holiday Red, Carolina & Slate ink
Black markers
ShinHan Touch Twin markers
Candy Apple Glitter tape
Best Day Ever Assortment ephemera & sticker
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tab

No comments: