Friday, January 4, 2019

Escape the Ordinary Layout

For the first 2019 Scrapbook Variety Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers, I am asking everyone to dig into their stash of neglected tools and pull out at least one tool that has been collecting dust, and then put it to work on a layout. Surveying my stash of tools, I re-discovered my embossing stylus, light box, and metal stencils, which I used to create the vertical strip and the decorative circles on my layout. I then inked up the vertical strip (also the dotted circle, which was done using an embossing folder on my Cuttlebug)  and used a marker to color in the pattern on the circles. My final touch was to pull out a tool that was formerly much used but has been hardly touched for several years, my corner rounder, to round the outside corners of the photos. So what is your most neglected tool? Pull it out and let's see what you can do to bring it back to life!
Recipe:
Black, Lagoon, Willow & White Daisy cardstock
Lagoon, Sky & Clover Meadow ink
Black marker
Cerulean Blue ShinHan Touch Twin marker
Lagoon baker's twine
Escape the Ordinary thickers (American Crafts
Riley chipboard buttons (Love, Elsie)
Cats and Bats & Blue enamel dots
Dreamweaver circle stencil
Lasting Impressions geometric stencil
CTMH Confetti embossing folder
Pattern: EMS Sketch 25 (much modified!)

No comments: