Saturday, August 1, 2020

Joy of Sets Challenge #20 + Flip Floppin' Layout

Can you believe August is already here? Despite the craziness of 2020, it seemed to me that it flew by and it's almost time for school to start again. August also brings another Joy of Sets Tic-Tac-Toe grid, this one with a few summery options. I confess, I am not a beach lover - too much sand - but I happened across a photo album I put together in 8th grade, and, since all the photos were falling out, I decided to scrapbook them, starting with these beach pictures. I also found my old diary and printed the text onto a piece of white cardstock that I tucked behind the photos. Gotta admit, I'm a little embarrassed about how boy crazy I apparently was, so hidden journaling seemed the best solution to preserving this memory while keeping a little of my dignity - LOL!

Here's the Joy of Sets grid. I chose the top row with splash, sand, and blue. Come play with us; the challenge is open until August 31!
Recipe:
Beach paper (The Paper Patch)
Blue Mini Page Kit (Colorbok)
Kraft, Gypsy, Goldrush & White Daisy cardstock
Clear vellum
Sky, Gypsy & Goldrush ink
Black marker
White gel pen (Sakura)
Fundamental stickers (CM)
Autumn Harvest Bigger Brad
Flip Floppin' Title (The Dancing Daisy)
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: starfish
Cricut Artistry cartridge: crab
Pattern: Pagemaps April 2018
Challenges: Lasting Memories #507 sketch; Bitten By the Bug Cute Critters

4 comments:

Denise S. said...

Very nice layout and the googly eyes on the crab are adorable. Thank for joining us at Bitten by the Bug 2.

Dorlene Durham said...

I love this layout. I love the design and of course the cute crab on the corner. Very nice! Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten By The Bug 2. Dorlene DT BBTB2

Golden Goddess Designs said...

this is fantastic! love your hidden journaling, great idea. I can't imagine reading my old diaries. Thank you for sharing with us at BBTB2 and join us for our current challenge~Summer Fun. Good luck!

Alicia

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Super layout! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 for our Cute Critter Challenge!