Friday, July 31, 2020

Unwrap the Fun Layout

Another birthday party layout, this one featuring the presents my daughter received from her extended family and friends. I used a sketch from Lasting Memories and modified it a little to suit my picture sizes. Heart 2 Heart challenge blog asked us to share our favorite crafting tool, and mine would definitely be sketches! I started with the free-form ones Becky Higgins used to publish in Creating Keepsakes magazine and moved on to the neatly diagrammed ones featured in Jeanette Lynton's pattern books, and then I began creating my own sketches and also discovered several blogs that shared weekly or monthly sketches. Sketches give me a great starting point but also the freedom to switch things around a bit, and I love seeing what other people do with the same sketch. so here's my sketch-inspired layout.
Recipe:
Precious Alphabet stamp set
Craft On and Spring 2020 Mix in papers
Raspberry, Pixie & White Daisy cardstock
Raspberry, Pixie & Mint ink
Swiss Dot Light Pink ribbon (Offray)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag, scalloped border
Pattern: Lasting Memories #505
Challenges: Double Trouble #62 (Thing 1 - my favorite tool is sketches + Thing 2 - linked up with Heart 2 Heart. Sorry, no elves or gnomes!)


4 comments:

Kellianne said...

I love sketches so much too! You made an adorable layout with that sketch! What precious pictures and you made a fabulous scrapbook page to look back on those memories with. We're so glad you'd share with us at Double Trouble! :)

Melanie R said...

Lovely page layout, Cheryl! You really know how to interpret a sketch beautifully. The paper choice is perfect for a feminine birthday party. (I used up this paper immediately when I purchased it.) Great way to preserve memories. We're so glad you played along with us at Double Trouble #62.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I don't do many scrapbook pages; but I can appreciate the sketch tools for pages, and agree love sketches for card challenges too. You always do such a great interpretation of scrapbook pages and this one is just filled with happiness. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Heart2Heart.

Cat Nowak said...

Great layout! Thank you for joining us at Heart2Heart!