Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Brothers and Sisters Layout

***For those who don't know, in honor of my 100th EMS Sketch challenge, I am offering a prize for using one of my sketches this month. See this post for details.***

Now on to my layout, which was so fun yet so challenging to put together. Designs that include diagonals look fabulous, but getting all the measurements correct and figuring out how to stretch 12" papers so they cover the extra length of the diagonal can be a puzzle! Another challenge was figuring out where to place my journaling; I settled on writing around the border of the circle photo because I didn't want to cover up any more of the great background paper, but I am not sure it was the best solution. Oh well, it's done now and the memory is scrapped!

Recipe:
You Warm My Heart stamp set
Molly papers & stickers (Bella Blvd)
Raspberry, Carolina, Slate & White Daisy cardstock
Raspberry, Carolina & Lagoon ink
Watermelon marker
White gel pen (Sakura)
Raspberry baker's twine
Color Kaleidoscope stickers (American Crafts)
White enamel dots
3-D foam tape
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: curved title shape
Cricut Artistry cartridge: pocket
Star punch (maker unknown)
Pattern: Scraplift from Scrapbook.com
Challenges: Lasting Memories #560 - stars; Use Your Stuff #428 - Inspired by Real Life (as these pictures from a visit with my oldest son's birth mom and two half-siblings show, they may not live together but the bond is real); Scrap With Stacy August 2021 Tic-Tac-Toe (used the middle column with twine + circles + stickers)

3 comments:

Deanna said...

aawww...really sweet photos and great design! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! :)

Lori said...

This layout is so stinkin' cute! I love your mix of Bella Blvd papers, and like you, I love a good diagonal design, but they are tricky! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lasting Memories!

Sandy Ross said...

Another fabulous layout! Love your design and paper choices! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!